Long-Tail Keywords are the keywords that contains more than 3 words in the body and usually have low-competition.
Means, you can easily get high rank if you target the long-tail keywords.
But, for finding long-tail keywords you need a keyword research tool which makes it easy.
There are two popular names, SEMrush and LongTailPro. Both are pretty good in doing long-tail keyword research.
I am using SEMrush from 4 years back for keyword research and it literally makes easy finding low-competitive keywords. Even, I used LongTailPro for a good time for long-tail keyword research.
Now today, I am going to do a comparison between SEMrush vs LongTailPro just to find out which one is best and value for money.
Table of Contents
SEMrush Vs LongTailPro Honest Comparison
SEMrush is a perfect bundle of SEO and social media tools that let you grow your blog’s online presence. It helps you to track your brand’s performance on SERPs and social media.
SEMrush offers an exclusive tool for performing keyword research named “Keyword Magic Tool” which makes finding low-competition keyword a hell lot easy.
It shows you a comprehensive report containing everything that matter when you put your seed keyword for finding keyword ideas.
Advantages Of Using SEMrush
- As SEMrush is a complete SEO toolkit, you can perform many other SEO tasks other than being limited to keyword research only.
- With SEMrush, you can find your competitors traffic.
- SEMrush is one of the most trusted tools for competitor analysis, you can find your competitors’ growth secret and replicate the same thing on your brand.
- You can also perform a site audit and find SEO errors which are affecting your website SEO performance and easily fix them to ensure better results.
- It offers a free plan which you can use to test the tool, you can perform up to 10 keywords search
- SEMrush Keyword Magic tool makes finding low-competitive long-tail keywords easy.
- Provides top 100 ranking pages insights in SERP Analysis section.
- Advanced filters make it easy to find low-competitive keywords.
- By using Position Tracking, you can keep your eyes on your ranking keywords’ position in SERP.
Disadvantages Of Using SEMrush
- SEMrush is an expensive tool for someone who needs a keyword research tool primarily.
- It is bad in support, there is no option to contact to their support if you need any help except footer’s contact us link.
- A beginner might fail to take benefit of SEMrush’s 100% in their first-time use. It will take time for them to understand its 100% use.
- It doesn’t provide a massive list of long-tail keywords.
LongTailPro is a keyword research tool that helps you to find low-competitive and profitable keywords within a topic, it is known as the best tool for finding long-tail keywords.
This tool is built for people doing search engine optimization as opposed to people doing paid ads. LTP shows you hundreds or thousands of keyword ideas related to your one single seed keyword.
Advantages Of Using LongTailPro
- You can easily get hundreds or thousands of keyword ideas for one single seed keyword.
- Allow you to test the niche viability.
- It checks rankings automatically on search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.
- You can do competitor analysis using the LTP.
- The biggest advantage of LongTailPro is, it eliminates the short-tail keywords and shows you easy to rank long-tail keywords.
- You can track rankings of your keywords in SERP because LongTailPro offers Rank Tracking tool.
- LTP provides training videos to their customers to learn how to use their tool better and get the best results.
- Search multiple keywords at once and see their metrics.
Disadvantages Of Using LongTailPro
- LongTailPro is limited to finding keywords in a niche or from competitors. For other SEO tasks like site audit, backlink audit, competitors research etc. you will need to invest in other tools.
- It does not even help in analyzing the competitor’s traffic.
- SERP Tracking keywords are limited to only two URLs.
- It doesn’t offer any free plan, however, it has a 7-day free trial.
- Doesn’t offer keyword gap tool to analyze the keywords gap between you and your competitors.
There are a lot of disadvantages of using LongTailPro over SEMrush. Because SEMrush is a complete bundle of tools that helps you to crash your competitors on SERP and social media.
On the other side, LongTailPro is limited to keyword research only.
Keyword Research SEMrush Vs LongTailPro
Let’s compare both the tools for doing keyword research and finding long-tail easy to rank keywords and see which one is best compare than the other one.
Performing Keyword Research Using SEMrush
As I already said that SEMrush comes with an exclusive keyword research tool named “Keyword Magic Tool” and it literally makes keyword research a piece of cake.
Using this one single tool, you can find long-tail keywords, question keywords, analyze keyword gap between you and your competitors, check any keyword’s difficulty and a lot more things.
Before performing keyword research using any of both tools, you should understand that there are two types of keyword research:
- Traditional keyword research using seed keyword
- Keyword research by analyzing competitors’ best performing keywords
Keyword Research Using Seed Keyword With SEMrush
Let’s start with the traditional keyword research method where you need one seed keyword or topic you want to find related keywords around.
You can start your keyword research just by simply putting your seed keyword into the search box at SEMrush dashboard or you can access the keyword magic tool from the left side menu.
Just after entering your seed keyword and hitting the search button, SEMrush shows you a comprehensive report presented in the visual form related to the keyword you searched for.
This report includes:
- Average monthly search volume
- Keyword difficulty
- Competition for advertisers
- Global volume
- Total results on SERP
- Keyword trend
- Keyword variation
- Question keywords
- Related keywords
- SERP Analysis
- and some other important metrics…
Scroll down a bit to get the keyword ideas related to your seed keyword.
There you can see three boxes, Keyword Variations, Questions, Related Keywords. Related Keywords are the keyword ideas SEMrush generated for you that are similar to your seed keyword.
Apart from related keywords, SEMrush shows question keywords also for your searched seed keyword.
You can click on View all keywords button of any section to view all the keywords generated for your seed keyword.
SEMrush will show you all the keyword ideas generated for your seed keyword, now you can play with the filter options to see the keywords that match your conditions.
For example, you can apply the filter on keyword difficulty to find the keywords which have KD less than 50. For that do the same as below image:
You can also sort the result by clicking the column header you want to change order from ascending to descending or vice-versa.
Go back to overview page…
Next is the SERP Analysis section, where you can get the top 100 ranking pages for your searched term. You can see the Page authority score, Ref. domains, total backlinks, search traffic, keyword ranking for etc.
This section can help you in understanding your competition for your searched keyword and find out what type of content they have written and their backlink sources.
Competitor Keyword Research With SEMrush
Just put your competitor’s domain in the search box at the SEMrush dashboard and hit the search button.
In the domain analysis report, you will see important metrics about your competition including the keywords they rank for and their well-performing pages as well.
Scroll down to Organic Research section to find the keywords your competitor is ranking for. Click on the View details button to see all the keywords your competitor ranks for along with the volume, KD%, CPC, Traffic they generated etc.
You can then apply the advanced filters and sorting to find the low-competitive keyword to target from your competitors.
How To Find Long-Tail Keywords Using SEMrush?
SEMrush makes it too easy to find the long-tail keywords using its advance filter options, you can easily set the word count filter and find the long-tail keyword ideas for your searched term.
Let me show you how you can to this:
On the page, where you are seeing all the keyword ideas for your searched term or the keywords your competitor is ranking for. Use the Advanced Filters option.
In the Advanced Filters, you need to enter 4 in the from the box at Word count, it will set the filter to show the only keywords that contain more than four words in the body.
All the keywords you are seeing on your screen are long-tail keywords. This is how simply you can find long-tail keywords using SEMrush tool.
Performing Keyword Research Using LongTailPro
LongTailPro can help you to quickly find low-competitive keyword ideas related to your seed keyword.
LongTailPro also allows you to do both type of keyword research, from seed keyword and also finding your competitor keyword research.
Keyword Research Using Seed Keyword With LongTailPro
You just need to enter your seed keyword on LongTailPro to unlock the thousands of related keywords.
You can change the number of keywords you want to see in the report in Suggestions per keyword box.
In the report, you can find the metrics for each keyword like Avg. keyword competitiveness, Volume, Bid, Total no. of words in keyword, Rank value etc.
You can also use the Filters option by clicking Add New at top. You can use this to find low-competitive keyword ideas.
For more in-depth details about any particular keyword, you can click on the keyword to see.
You will get some important details about the keyword like, Google results breakdown and Competition Analysis.
LTP shows you the competition analysis for your selected keyword, you can find all the top-ranking pages for your keyword along with some important metrics like:
- Keyword competitiveness
- Domain keyword competitiveness
- Majestic Trust flow
- Majestic citation flow
- Domain trust flow
- Domain citation flow
- External backlinks
- Page ref. domains
- and some other useful details…
This section will help you to analyze your competitors’ strength for your searched keyword.
Competitor Keyword Research With LongTailPro
Click on the Competitor Keywords tab and enter your competitor domain or page URL to get the keywords they rank for.
LongTailPro will take one or two second to show you the keywords your competitor ranks for. Once it done, you can see the list.
Now you can easily find good keywords by playing with the filters and sorting options.
Major Difference Between SEMrush And LongTailPro
SEMrush is a bundle of useful SEO and social media tools that helps in growing a brand’s online presence and helps in dominating the competition.
Whereas LongTailPro is a tool known for keyword research, it helps in finding keyword ideas related to any topic. It is primarily built for doing keyword research and finding long-tail keywords. However, it offers a few other tools like rank tracker and backlink analysis.
Here are some major difference between SEMrush and LongTailPro:
- SEMrush is a bundle of SEO and social media tools which offers tools to perform various SEO and social media tasks. Whereas, LongTailPro is built for keyword research primarily.
- SEMrush can help you in finding SEO errors of your site which might be affecting your website’s performance using the Site Audit tool. Whereas LongTailPro doesn’t have the site audit tool.
- SEMrush can help in knowing your competitors’ traffic where LTP is limited to keyword research only.
- If you are looking for a keyword research tool then LongTailPro is a lot cheap than SEMrush.
- SEMrush offers the social media tool along with the SEO tools, whereas LTP is limited to a few SEO tools like Keyword research, backlink analysis, competitor keyword research.
- SEMrush keyword gap tool can help you to find the keywords gap between you and your competitor. LTP doesn’t have this feature.
- SEMruh offers free plan in which you can perform up to 10 keywords search. On the other hand, LTP doesn’t have any free plan.
SEMrush Vs LongTailPro Pricing Comparison
When you are looking for a premium keyword research tool, budget matters a lot. Even more when you are a beginner who started own blog and looking for a premium keyword research tool.
Let’s compare both tools pricing and understand which one is cheaper…
SEMrush is a bundle of 40+ advance SEO and Social Media tools that make easy to dominate the competition on SERP and Social Media. It doesn’t only come with Keyword research tool, rather you will find other useful tools like site audit, backlink audit, position tracker, social media tracker, brand monitoring tool and many other.
SEMrush offers three plans to meet the budget and requirements of every stage of people who are searching for a complete SEO tools bundle.
SEMrush Pro: SEMrush pro is the cheapest plan of SEMrush which costs $99.95 per month and if you buy annually then you can save 16%.
SEMrush Pro plan includes:
- 10,000 results per report
- 3000 reports per day
- 250 keyword metrics updates per month
- Up to 3 projects
- 500 Keywords to track (with daily updates)
- 5 Scheduled PDF reports
You can claim SEMrush 14-days free trial to explore SEMrush for free for the next 14 days.
SEMrush Guru: SEMrush Guru plan is a good fit for the growing marketing agencies and small businesses with a good budget. It costs $199.95 per month, here also you can save 16% if you buy it for the entire year.
This plan includes:
- 30,000 results per report
- 5,000 reports per day
- 1000 keyword metrics updates per month
- Up to 15 projects
- 1500 Keywords to track (with daily updates)
- 20 Scheduled PDF reports
- Content Marketing Platform
- Branded PDF reports
SEMrush Business: The most expensive plan of SEMrush which costs $399.95 per month and 16% on buying annually.
- 50,000 results per report
- 10,000 reports per day
- 5000 keyword metrics updates per month
- Up to 25 projects
- 5,000 Keywords to track (with daily updates)
- 50 Scheduled PDF reports
- Content Marketing Platform
- Branded PDF reports
- White label PDF reports
- Google Data Studio Integration
These are the three plans that SEMrush offers, you can go with the cheapest one which is SEMrush pro if you are having low budget.
My Secret Weapon To Dominate SEO
Semrush is the tool that I’m using since 4 years back to ensure my blog’s growth on SERP. It really makes easy to perform keyword research, technical site audit, backlink audit, stealing backlinks from competitors, spying competitors and much more.
* This is an affiliate link, I might get a commission but it will not add any extra cost to you.
LongTailPro is a dedicated tool for keyword research, doesn’t offer lots of tools like SEMrush. It can help you in doing keyword research and finding your competitors ranking keywords.
LTP offers three plan, Starter, Pro and Agency which costs $37, $67 and $147 per month respectively.
LongTailPro Starter: The cheapest plan of LongTailPro, this is the good fit for you if you are in low-budget and still want a premium keyword research tool.
It costs $37 per month if you buy monthly. But if you decided to buy it for the entire year then it will cost you $25 per month.
- 800 Keyword lookups per 24 hours
- 800 KC calculations per 24 hours
- 800 SERP lookups per 24 hours
- Track up to 30 keywords rank
- Unlimited tracked domains
- Daily rank updates
- 1 Simultaneous login
LongTailPro Pro: The most popular plan of LongTailPro that increase the limit of keywords you can look up and track. It is good for you if you exceed the limit of the Starter plan.
It costs $67 per month if buy monthly or you can save some bucks by buying for entire year at $45 per month.
This plan includes:
- 2500 Keyword lookups per 24 hours
- 2500 KC calculations per 24 hours
- 2500 SERP lookups per 24 hours
- Track up to 200 keywords rank
- Unlimited tracked domains
- Daily rank updates
- 2 Simultaneous login
LongTailPro Agency: The most expensive plan of LongTailPro, it costs $147 per month if you buy monthly and $98 per month if you buy annually.
- 6000 Keyword lookups per 24 hours
- 6000 KC calculations per 24 hours
- 6000 SERP lookups per 24 hours
- Track up to 1000 keywords rank
- Unlimited tracked domains
- Daily rank updates
- 5 Simultaneous login
Bonus: How To Claim SEMrush Pro 14 Days Free Trial?
Here is a free bonus for you, if you want to take a test drive of SEMrush to explore it for free to decide whether it is a good fit for you or not. You can claim SEMrush Pro free trial for 14 days and explore SEMrush for free.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to claim the SEMrush free trial:
Step: 1 Click on this MAGICAL LINK. It will send you to StayMeOnline & SEMrush Partnership page. You need to click the Start your free 14 day trial now button.
It will send you to the SEMrush new account registration page where you need to enter your email address and choose a password for your account.
After entering the email and password, hit the Create my account button.
On the next page, you will be asked to enter your credit card details. But don’t worry, you won’t be charged until next 14-days and you can cancel the trial if you don’t want to proceed further.
You don’t need to apply any promo code because the promo code is already added itself. As you can see in above image, today’s charge is $0.00.
After entering your card details, now you need to enter your billing details like First name, last name, phone no. and address etc.
After filling all the details, hit the Place the Order button at the end.
Congratulations, you have claimed the 14-day SEMrush Free Trial. Now you can use the SEMrush for free for the next 14 days.
My Verdict: Which One Is Best Keyword Research Tool?
Now, which one is good as keyword research tool?
I have used both the tools, using SEMrush from 4 years back and LongTailPro for almost 1.5 years.
Selecting one is totally depends on your budget and needs, if you have a low-budget and want a premium keyword research tool then LongTailPro is surely good option for you.
It is cheap and makes easy to find low-competitive keywords with a beginners-friendly interface and filter options.
But there is a downside with LongTailPro, you can not perform other SEO tasks like site audit, backlink audit, competitor research, backlinks analysis and others. Because LongTailPro is limited to keyword research.
Whereas, SEMrush is a perfect bundle of SEO and social media tools where you get 40+ advanced tools to dominate your competition. If you have a good budget then I highly recommend you to go with the SEMrush.
By going with SEMrush, you can eliminate the extra charges that you will need to pay to other tools for performing other tasks than keyword research. Because SEMrush can cover everything in just one tool.
Claim this SEMrush pro 14 days free trial and explore the SEMrush for free…
Let me know which one is best for you in the comments?
Here are some more SEO tools comparison posts that you might want to read:
- SEMrush Vs Moz 2021: Two Amazing SEO Tools Compared
- Website Traffic Analytics With SEMrush Vs SimilarWeb: Which Is More Accurate?
- SEMrush Vs SpyFu: Which Is Best For Competitor & Keyword Research?
- SEMrush Vs Serpstat: Features & Pricing Comparison 2021
- Battle: SEMrush Vs Ahrefs! Which One You Should You Pick?