I am sure that you are aware of Google Search Console, If you are not then it is like you are working in any company and not aware of the Head office.
Before proceeding to further, you should understand what is Google Search Console?
Google Search Console is a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor and maintain your site’s presence in Google Search results. You don’t have to sign up for Search Console for your site to be included in Google’s search results, but doing so can help you understand how Google views your site and optimize its performance in search results.
Here are some reason why should you use Google Search console?
Monitor your site’s performance in Google Search results:
- Make sure that Google can access your content
- Submit new content for crawling and remove content you don’t want to be shown in search results
- Create and monitor content that delivers visually engaging search results
- Maintain your site with minimal disruption to search performance
- Monitor and resolve malware or spam issues so your site stays clean
Discover how Google Search—and the world—sees your site:
- Which queries caused your site to appear in search results?
- Did some queries result in more traffic to your site than others?
- Are your product prices, company contact info, or events highlighted in rich search results?
- Which sites are linking to your website?
- Is your mobile site performing well for visitors searching on mobile?
If you are the owner of any website then you must use Google Search Console to monitor your website’s performance and know what is causing so you can remove that.
Add Your Website To Google Search Console
Click on this link for Google Search Console. Here you don’t need to register for a new account, you definitely have a Google account so you can sign in using your Google account.
You can see a welcome page on the screen after signing with your google account. Here you need to enter your complete website URL with http:// or https:// and click on the Add A Property button to add your website.
Now here is the important part comes on the ground, here you need to Verify your ownership like you have to Verify you that you are the owner of the website you want to add.
The first method to verify is by Uploading HTML file to your website, but I recommend you to use Alternative Methods to verify your ownership.
You can see on the next screen the various methods to verify your website’s ownership and I recommend to use HTML Tag from these methods.
After ticking the circle, you can see an HTML code which you have to put on your Website’s Homepage in the <Head> section, before the <Body> section.
As you already seen in the Title of this post already that here I will share in this tutorial for the Blogger and WordPress users both. So I am going to divide into two sections.
It is pretty easy for the WordPress users because of the power of plugins that makes easy every task for their users.
There are many plugins which can make it easy for you to Verify your ownership.
1. Verify ownership using Yoast SEO plugin: I am hundred % sure that you have already install Yoast SEO plugins because this is the one of must-have plugins for WordPress website. If you did not installed it yet then Must read:
Go to SEO>Dashboard>Webmaster Tools then you can see various webmaster tools. then copy the highlighted code as shown in the below’s image.
And paste copied the code into the Google Seach Console’s Field. and click on the Save Changes button.
Done, Now click on the Verify button on Google Search Console page. And you can see a confirmation message like the image.
2. Verify Using Insert Headers and Footers Plugin: This plugin allows you to add header and footer very easily on your WordPress website.
You can download the plugin by clicking here. If you don’t know How to install a WordPress plugin then must read:
After installing the plugin, Copy your HTML code from the Google Search Console page and go to Settings>Insert Headers and Footers then paste the code in the header field.
Now go to Google Search Console Page and click on Verify button. It’s done!
You can also verify this by adding that HTML code in your Header.php file, maybe which is complicated for the beginners so I am recommending to use these two methods.
There are more ways to verify ownership for the WordPress users but I have used these two so I discussed these two, If you know more then you can use.
Blogger Users always have minimum features and customization because it is a free platform for the users to create their blog.
You can easily verify your ownership by adding that HTML Code into your theme’s file. Follow below’s steps to understand better.
First, Copy that HTML Code and go to your blogger site.
Then go to Theme and Edit HTML to add verification HTML code to your website.
Then find <head> on the page and paste the copied code after the <head> tag.
It’s done, go to Search Console page and click on the Verify button.
It’s Your Turn
I hope you now understood that How to verify your ownership for Google Search Console? this guide is for WordPress and bloggers users as well to add their website to search console.
Now, what are you waiting for? go and add your website to Google Search Console. If you are facing any difficulty so feel free to share in the comment section.
Latest posts by Ravi Dixit (see all)
- OptinMonster Review: Why you should start using it? Right Now! - February 17, 2019
- GeneratePress Review: I Can Say That The Best WordPress Theme I Found - February 6, 2019
- Why & How to Skip Google Forms and Use WPForms Instead - January 28, 2019