Google AdSense is the first choice of the people who want to earn money from their blogs.
AdSense is the top advertising platform which allows publishers like you and me to show ads on their blog or website and earn.
The Google AdSense always take care of the user’s experience and for this, they always launch new innovations.
On Feb 21, Google AdSense launched a new feature for the publisher to make easier to manage ads on their blog/website.
Yes, you read that right…
AdSense released their new feature called “Auto Ads“, I am sure you were not aware of that before. I took a test drive and then today I am going to share you every single thing which makes it cool for you.
One of the biggest problem for the publisher is ads placement, ads optimization. Many of us always get confused that where should I place ads to earn more from AdSense? and How much ads should I place on one page?
AdSense Auto Ads solve all these problems of the publisher, It will manage where should ads be placed? and How much ads should be placed on one page?
What is AdSense Auto Ads?
AdSense Auto ads, a powerful new way to place ads on your site. Auto ads use machine learning to make smart placement and monetization decisions on your behalf, saving you time. Place one piece of code just once to all of your pages, and let Google take care of the rest.
Some of the benefits of Auto ads include:
- Optimization: User Experience is very important thing If you are running only for the money then you are on the wrong path. Using machine learning, Auto ads show ads only when they are likely to perform well and provide a good user experience.
- More Revenue: Auto ads will find the best and high earning potential space to show ads on, and it will definitely going to increase your earning.
- Easy and Time-Saving: I am sure you have put codes for showing ads on your pages one by one, it takes too much time and effort. With Auto ads, you only need to place the ad code on your pages once. When you’re ready to use new features and ad formats, simply turn them on and off with the flick of a switch — there’s no need to change the code again.
Important Point You Should Know
I am sure you were not aware of the Auto ads, so here are some important tips which you should know before settings up Auto ads for your blog. Here are the points…
- You don’t need to remove all those ads which you have added to your blog/website before, Adsense auto ads will take care of those and find out where should add more ads. But if you want that Auto ads decide the best place for you then you must remove those ads(optional).
- If you are using Page-level ads, your code will all automatically get migrated to run with Auto Ads.
- Those who are using Google’s AMP service for mobile pages, you need to use the code for AMP Auto ads.
How Do Auto ads work?
Auto ads use Google’s machine learning technology to:
- Auto ads will understand the structure of your page then it will add ads according to your page’s structure.
- Detect any existing Google ads on your page. (if you are using ads of any other advertising network like media.net so in this case, Google Auto ads will not touch them.)
- Automatically place new ads based on different elements such as your page layout, the amount of content on your page, and your existing Google ads.
Do you have AMP pages?
Maybe, you are using AdSense ads on your blog’s AMP pages like me. If you want that Google to automatically place ads on your AMP pages, you’ll need to use Google’s AMP Auto ads, which are currently available as an AdSense Lab. you can learn more about the same from clicking AMP Auto Text and display ads Lab.
How To Setup Auto Ads?
Now you understood everything about the AdSense Auto ads, now move to the next the important point of the post which is setup auto ads for your blog.
I am going to share step by step, make sure to follow all the steps…
Step 1. Go to Google Adsense and log into your account.
Step 2. Click on the My Ads, then you can see there a new option called “Auto Ads“. As shown in the below image…
Step 3. You can see a page like below image where you see a Get Started button to start Auto Ads for your website/blog.
Step 4. Here is the important point comes in, here you need to choose ads type which you want Auto Ads to show on your blog.
Enable the ad formats which you want to show and disable other which you don’t want to show on your website.
Step 5: Check the box, Auto ads will enable the new format to show on your website/blog. Click on the Save button.
Step 6: You will get the code which you need to copy and paste between your website’s <head> and </head> section.
How To Place Auto Ads Code?
It is not the tough as it is looking, For the WordPress users, it is too easy. Blogger users might find it tough because they don’t have the power of such plugins to make work easy.
For Blogger Users
Login your Blogger account, sign in with your admin detail. then go to Theme>Edit HTML and find the <head> tag.
You can place your Adsense auto ads code between the <head> </head> tag. I have highlighted the place, you can see in the above image.
For WordPress Users
I know you already know this, But many of the beginners don’t know who has just started. I am sharing the easiest way for those which I always use to add code in header.
Download the plugin called Insert Header and Footer.
Then go to Settings>Insert Header and Footer and paste the code in header box which you copied from the AdSense.
This is all you need to do to setup Auto Ads on your website.
Here is the official guide from the Google which will help you to implement the code of your website. Click here for the guide.
At The End…
When I came to know about this new innovation from the Google AdSense, I became very happy because I knew, it is going to help publisher a lot.
First, I tried this on my blog and then shared it with you. And happy to say all is good, It did not hurt the performance of my blog. I can see the improvement in my Adsense earning as well.
After setting up Auto ads, You don’t need to manage ads by putting codes manually, Google AdSense will take care of this itself. You will earn more than before because Auto ads will find the best place to put ads on.
This is the best ever innovation from the Google AdSense. I am sure you are going to open your AdSense account and configuration Auto Ads.
Important: Before setting up the auto ads, I removed all the old ads which were running on my website. If you don’t want to do the same then no problem. I did this because I want to let Google decide which place are best for showing the ads according to users experience and the more earning potential, maybe, I was wrong at the time of putting ads on the various places of my blogs.
If you have any query regarding this then feel free to drop in the comments, I will be happy to answer. And also share this with your other friends who use Adsense and not aware of this innovation.
Note: We have also a forum where you can ask your queries to the other member and also help others. There is a Google AdSense category where you can share queries related to this post. You can visit forum by clicking here.