Looking for affordable SiteGround alternatives?
No Doubt, SiteGround is one of the best hosting companies that provide good hosting and that’s why newbie bloggers want to buy hosting from SiteGround.
But recently they have changed their pricing and that is making a big impact on the newbie blogger’s pocket.
From 18th June 2020, Siteground increased its price and now it’s $6.99/mo (approx $7/mo) which is not affordable for the beginners.
After their new pricing, You can buy their plan started from $6.99/month. It will overall cost you about $83.88 after the discounted price and if you renew it then it will cost you about $180.
SiteGround used to be the favourite choice for the beginners who wants to start a blog because it is a feature-rich and used be suitable for beginners pocket.
But now when it has increased its pricing, it is no more best for the beginners with low-budget and therefore, they started looking for the affordable SiteGround alternatives.
If you are one of them then you don’t need to be worry because I have compiled a list of best affordable SiteGround alternatives that you can go with to start your own blog.
But before going further and seeing all the names, let’s see some reasons why you should look for SiteGround alternatives.
Table of Contents
Why You Need To Look For SiteGround Alternatives?
1. No More Affordable For Beginners: SiteGround used to be an affordable and best web hosting provider for beginners earlier but from 18th June 2020, they have increased their prices from $3.95/mo to $6.99/mo. So, now it is no more an affordable fit for beginners with low-budget.
2. No Marketing Bonus: Many hosting companies like Bluehost give you a marketing bonus which you can use to promote your website but SiteGround doesn’t give you any bonus.
3. Limited Disk Space: You get a disk space limitation in all of their shared hosting plans. So, if you have a big site in size then its shared plans aren’t for you.
4. Doesn’t Offer Free Domain: Some web hosting providers like GreenGeeks and Bluehost offers a free domain for one year. Whereas, SiteGround doesn’t have this offer.
5. Paid Website Builder: SiteGround doesn’t offer free website builder while some hosting companies provide it free with their plans.
6. High-Renewal Charges: Earlier, you can get the SiteGround at very affordable pricing but after using it for the first year, when renewal comes you will need to pay a much higher cost to stay with SiteGround for another year. And now after increment in pricing, you still need to pay higher renewal charges.
These are the 6 major reasons why you should be looking for SiteGround alternatives.
7 Best SiteGround Alternatives
Now, Let’s take the look at all the names…
GreenGeeks is my favourite web host and they provide almost the same value that SiteGround provides. More than 500,000 websites are hosted on GreenGeeks.
It’s almost 12 years since they started and they have more than 40,000+ customers till now. It is a positive sign for you because you can understand how many users trust them for their websites.
They have good experience with website handling because they have worked with 7 different web hosting companies so they know what users want for their website.
Pros of GreenGeeks
- Free Domain Name For The First Year: You will get a .com Domain Name for free for the first year and next year it will cost you about $10.
- LSCache Included: LSCache is an advanced cache system that will boost your website speed.
- 300% Green Energy Match: GreenGeeks will assure that its customers are not polluting in any manner.
- Free Nightly Backup: Your website will be back up overnight so there is no need to worry about if your website is hacked.
- Free CDN: GreenGeeks offers Cloudflare CDN integration for free. It will speed up your website.
- Unlimited Email Accounts: You can create unlimited email accounts in any of the GreenGeeks plans.
- Money-Back Guarantee: If you are not satisfied with GreenGeeks services then you can easily ask your money back within 30 days.
Cons of GreenGeeks
- No Staging Site: GreenGeeks doesn’t offer a staging environment.
Lite: The cheapest plan of GreenGeeks in which, you are allowed to host 1 website only with unlimited web space and many other amazing features. It costs $2.95/month, a good fit for you if you have very low-budget.
Pro: In the pro plan, you can host unlimited websites and provides 2x performance that will help in boosting your website loading speed. It costs starting from $5.95/month, if you have plans to start more than one website in future then this plan is for you.
Plus: The most expensive plan of GreenGeeks that promise to provide 4X performance which cost starts from $11.95/month.
2. A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting is another popular hosting company that provides quality features like unlimited visitors, superfast turbo servers to deliver 20x speed performance, and anytime money-back guarantee, etc.
It is a perfect alternative of SiteGround. In this, you can find almost all the features that SiteGround offers including super-fast web servers and reliable uptime.
A2 Hosting has efficient customer support so if you face any problem in your hosting then there is a whole team available to help you. They offer turbo fast servers which can really make your website load blazing fast.
Pros of A2 Hosting
- Speed: Their servers’ speed is super fast.
- Server Locations: You can choose to host your website in Europe, Asia, and America (East or West Coast).
- Unmetered Storage And Bandwidth: There is no limitation on storage and bandwidth, which means you can host unlimited traffic.
- Any Time Money Back Guarantee: A2 Hosting claims any time money-back guarantee but they will deduct the amount of money for the services you have used.
Cons of A2 Hosting
- High Renewal Charges: A2 is also following the same marketing technique, attract customers with low-price and once they are in, charge high renewal charges.
- On-Demand Backups Paid Separately: If you want an “on-demand backup system” then you have to purchase their add on.
Startup: Allows to host only one website with 100 GB SSD storage. It is good for beginners, A2 Hosting startup plan costs $2.99/month.
Drive: If you want to start(or have a plan in future) more than one website then this plan suits you. You can host unlimited websites and get unlimited SSD storage. It will cost you $4.99 per month.
Turbo Boost: Host unlimited websites with unlimited NVMe storage and you will also get Turbo speed. Turbo boost plan costs $9.99 per month.
Turbo Max: Host unlimited websites with unlimited NVMe storage. It offers turbo fast web servers and 5x more resources. It will cost you $14.99 per month.
If you want to go with a Cloud hosting then Cloudways surely a good alternative of SiteGround, It works with the leading Cloud Hosting companies Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Vultr, DigitalOcean, and Linode.
Cloudways works on the pay as you go model so it assures that you will not be overbilled. It is a great mixture of good functionalities and affordability.
If you are migrating then I strongly recommend you to go with Cloudways. If you purchase its basic plan then it can handle up to 15K customers per day.
Pros of Cloudways
- Pay As You Go Pricing System: You will only pay for what you use.
- Free Site Migration: If you have a website and you want to switch to Cloudways then their team will migrate your website for free.
- Easy To Install CMS Apps: Cloudways makes it easy to install almost all popular CMS apps with its simple one-click to install interface.
- 3 Day Free Trial: There is no money-back guarantee but you can try their cloud hosting free for 3 days.
Cons of Bluehost
- No cPanel: Many hosting companies provide cPanel for the comfort of beginners to install WordPress easily but Cloudways doesn’t provide cPanel but their hosting interface is still beginner’s friendly.
- It Takes Some Knowledge To Use: If you are the first time user then it may take some time to understand the Cloudways but you will learn it easily as there are 24/7 specialists available to help you.
- No Email Accounts or Domain Registrations: Cloudways doesn’t offer to register the domain names so you need to buy a domain name from other companies and then point it to Cloudways hosting.
Cloudways have basically four plans to meets different types of customers’ needs and budget.
If you want to start then the best plan for you is $10/month (RAM: 1GB and Processor: 1Core). Or, If you want to migrate your site from another host and you have some quality traffic then you should go with $22/month plan.
However, you can scale your resources as per your need in your existing plan.
DreamHost is another best hosting company founded in 1997, just after the one year of Bluehost foundation.
People mostly try Dreamhost hosting due to their popular 97 days money-back guarantee. There are more than 1.5 million domains names in Dreamhost hosting.
It has more than 400K+ happy customers and among them there are 750K total WordPress installs by them.
DreamHost has millions of happy customers which ensures its quality.
Benefit of Dreamhost
- Unlike other hosting companies, Dreamhost doesn’t limit your hosting bandwidth or traffic so you don’t have to worry about server down due to large traffic on your website.
- One of the best things in Dreamhost is, They don’t charge you extra money on renewal, which means whatever amount you pay for the first year It will be the same next year.
- You will get a .com domain name for free with there shared hosting plan
Pros of Dreamhost
- No Upsells and Upgrades: Many hosting companies out there, force their customers to upgrade or buy addons but Dreamhost provides you with all the addons in its hosting plans.
- Unlimited Disk Space And Bandwidth: With its all hosting plan, You get unlimited disk space and bandwidth which can handle a good amount of traffic.
- No High-Renewal Charges: DreamHost is not following that same marketing technique which other hosting companies do, your renewal charge will be the same as your first-year cost.
- Fast SSD Storage: It uses the latest technology like PHP7, SSD & built-in caching to provide superfast SSD storage.
- 97-Days Money-Back Guarantee: This is the best thing about Dreamhost, with 97 days money-back guarantee your money is protected for 3 months. But it is available only for shared hosting plans.
Cons of Dreamhost
- Only US-Location: They have only US-based servers which might be a problem.
- No Email Account In The Starter Plan: There is no email hosting in their starter plan.
- Support: They do not offer 24/7 live chat support, There standard live chat timing is 5:30 AM to 9:30 PM Pacific time.
Shared Starter Plan: The cheapest plan of DreamHost where you can host only one website by paying $2.59/mo(if buy for 3 years). It includes a free domain and can handle unlimited traffic.
Shared Unlimited Plan: If you want to host more than one website then this plan is good for you, you will also get a free domain along with this hosting plan. It will cost you $4.95/month if you buy for 3 years.
HostGator hosts about more than 8 million domain names, It is a clear sign that you can go with HostGator.
They provide all types of hosting services and their pricing is also cheap so you can easily afford to start your blog with HostGator.
In the few months, there average page loading time downs to (1191ms average) which makes website page speed slow but they are improving their servers day by day to provide maximum benefit to the users.
But yet I must say HostGator is a good hosting company and you can buy hosting here but if you find anything wrong here then you can easily withdraw your full money within 45 days.
Pros of HostGator
- Free .com Domain For 1-year: You are getting a .com domain name free for the first year.
- Free Website Transfer: If you already have a website then you migrate to HostGator for free and HostGator do the all stuff for free.
- Unmetered Bandwidth: No limitation on bandwidth, so your website can handle a good amount of visitors.
- 45-Days Money-Back Guarantee: Their money-back guarantee is more than 30 days which is enough to decide whether you want to go with HostGator or not.
Cons of Hostgator
- Slow Page Loading Speed: There average loading time from the past 24 months has 1191ms which is letting its reputation down.
- Using Pricing Tricks: HostGator advertising their hosting at a low rate like $2.75/mo but when you ready to buy, you will see that you need to buy for 3 years to grab the hosting at the same price.
Hatching Plan: It allows to host one website, you will also get a free domain. This plan will cost you $2.75/mo if you buy for 3 years.
Baby Plan: Have the plan to start more websites in further? Go with the HostGator’s Baby plan where you can host unlimited websites. It will cost you $3.95/month if you buy for 3 years.
Business Plan: In this plan, you will get some free SEO tools, dedicated IP and you can upgrade to positive SSL. And of course, you can host unlimited websites.
Bluehost is one of the oldest and most popular web hosting company started in 1996. It is officially recommended by WordPress.org for smooth performance for WordPress sites.
It powers almost more than 2 million websites and every hour approx 1K people buy hosting from Bluehost. There is a team of 750 dedicated peoples who are available 24/7 to help you.
So, Bluehost can be a great and affordable alternative of SiteGround.
Pros of Bluehost
- Free Domain Name: You will get a .com Domain Name for free for the first year.
- Solid Uptime: Your website will never go down (99.99% up-time guarantee).
- Marketing Credit (Worth $200): All plans included $100 Google Ads credit and $100 Bing Ads credit
- Unmetered bandwidth: Unmetered bandwidth gives you the full memory for the maximum benefit of the hosting resources.
- Money-Back Guarantee: All new customers will get a 30 Days money-back guarantee.
Cons of Bluehost
- Bad Support: Bluehost is really a good hosting company but they should really improve their support.
- Only US-Servers: If you are targeting an Asia or Europe based audience then there is no Bluehost data centre other than the US.
- Poor Backup Options: Their default backup option is not feasible for everyone they might try to upgrade the backup option.
- No Free Migration: Bluehost charges you a minimum of $150 for 5 website migration.
Basic: You can start with the Bluehost by paying $3.95/mo with the Basic plan. In this plan, you can host only one website and 50GB SSD storage.
Plus: If you want to host more than one website then this plan is affordable for you, in which, you can host unlimited websites and unlimited SSD storage. It will cost you $5.95/mo.
Choice Plus: If you have a good budget and want to get the site back up feature of Bluehost then you should go with this one. It will cost you $6.95/mo.
Pro: The most expensive plan which ensure to give you high performance and keep your site secure. It costs $13.95 per month.
You may not be aware of the KnownHost Hosting company so let me introduce it.
KnownHost was started in 2006 with the goal to provide the highest level of hosting services to the customers. They have 3 world-class data centres.
They have a large no. of data centres around the earth which provide the highest possible bandwidth to its customers and the best benefit of KnownHost is, you get unlimited bandwidth in its starter plan.
Pros of KnownHost
- Security: KnownHost takes its customers’ security very seriously. That’s why you get world-class security here.
- Unlimited Premium Bandwidth: You get unlimited bandwidth even in its basic plan.
- 5 Free Email Accounts: There are 5 free email accounts come with its starters plan and if you are a beginner then this is enough for you.
- Free Website Migration: They will migrate your existing website to KnownHost hosting for free.
- Money-Back Guarantee: Your investment comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. if anything goes wrong, you can ask for a refund.
Cons of KnownHost
- Only 2 MySQL Databases: If you purchase its basic plan then you can make only 2 MySQL Databases.
- No Phone Technical Support: They provide 24/7 premium support but you can not contact them through the phone call.
Basic Plan: It costs $3.47 per month in which, you can host only one website. You will get 5 email account and free SSL certificates included.
Standard Plan: This is good for you if you want to host more than one website, here you get 20 GB cloud storage and 25 email account. It will cost you $6.47 per month.
Professional Plan: The most expensive plan that lets you host unlimited websites with unlimited cloud storage. If the budget is not your concern then you can go with this that will cost you $9.97 per month.
FAQs Related To SiteGround Alternatives
What is SiteGround?
SiteGround is a full-featured web hosting provider which is officially recommended by the WordPress.org. It is founded in 2004 in Sofia, Bulgaria. It is hosting more than 2,000,000 domains all over the world.
It guarantees reliable uptime of 99.99% and 24/7 strong support system via live chat, phone and email. I have shared my complete experience of using SiteGround in our complete review here…
What are the top three SiteGround alternatives?
Here are the top three alternatives of SiteGround:
2. A2 Hosting
Why should I look for SiteGround alternative?
From 18th June 2020, SiteGround has increased its pricing, it used to be a good fit for beginners with low-budget but now SiteGround is not affordable for them. So, that’s why looking for an alternative is a must if you have low-budget.
Where are SiteGround servers located?
Currently, SiteGround servers are located on:
1. Iowa, USA
2. London, UK
3. Eemshaven, Netherlands
4. Frankfurt, DE
5. Sydney, AU
6. Singapore, Singapore
What are the main features of SiteGround?
SiteGround offers many amazing features which makes it no.1 WordPress web hosting provider. Here are some of them:
1. 99.99% Reliable up time guarantee
2. Blazing fast loading speed
3. Unlimited Email accounts
4. Free staging site
5. Free daily backups
6. Free CDN integration
7. 30-day money back guarantee
These all are— All SiteGround alternatives that you can go with.
But choosing your best one is really tough because almost everyone is offering similar features which create confusion whom to go with.
For A2 Hosting, consider reading our complete A2 Hosting review to know A2 Hosting’s uptime, server response time, pros and cons etc.
I hope you found this list of affordable SiteGround alternatives useful if you did then consider sharing it with others and helping them in choosing the best alternative.