Plugins are the power of the WordPress. The plugin makes easy for beginners to do any task.
Plugins are the main features of the WordPress that’s why everyone is choosing WordPress as their Blogging platform.
Let Me Explain…
WordPress Plugins are the mini pieces of the software which are the power of your WordPress site. It increases the function of the site. and allow admin to control their WordPress site more easily. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. Every Plugin has its own features and set of work or responsibilities.
Almost 80% WordPress user don’t know coding so Plugins are very helpful for them. Plugins can do any task you want to do without coding
Can you read the below’s post to understand WordPress plugins?
Many beginners want to know which plugin they need to install after setting up their blog on WordPress.
If you are one of them, then you are on the right place today by this post I am going to share with a list of 10 plugins which you must have to install in your WordPress website/blog.
10 Must-Have WordPress Plugins
This list I made after reading and researching a lot. These all plugin are the best and recommended by the top blogger and WordPress users.
Yoast SEO is the best plugin for the SEO in WordPress. It will make easy for you to optimize your blog for search engines.
I am using this plugin even every WordPress user is using this plugin.
These are some tasks which Yoast SEO will make easier for you to do:
- Verify sites on Google, Bing
- Title meta settings.
- Hide RSD, WLW, shortlinks from the head.
- Meta-control for taxonomies, author pages, homepage, etc.
- Supports Facebook Open Graph.
- Generate sitemap.
- Advance permalink control.
- Breadcrumbs support.
- RSS feed footer plugin settings.
- Import settings from other SEO plugins.
- Edit .htaccess files.
- Hide date from search engine snippets.
- Add Google authorship for the single author.
This is another a no.1 plugin for the WordPress users. You can say this is all in one plugin means this plugin can do all work for you.
Traffic is everything of any website. Jetpack includes:
- [free] Site stats and analytics
- [free] Automatic sharing on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Reddit, and WhatsApp
- [free] Related posts
- [paid] Search engine optimization tools for Google, Bing, Twitter, Facebook, and WordPress.com
- [paid] Advertising program that includes the best of AdSense, Facebook Ads, AOL, Amazon, Google AdX, and Yahoo
SECURITY AND BACKUP SERVICES
Stop worrying about data loss, downtime, and hacking. Jetpack provides:
- [free] Brute force attack protection
- [free] Downtime and uptime monitoring
- [free] Secured logins and two-factor authentication
- [paid] Malware scanning, code scanning, and threat resolution
- [paid] Site backups, restores, and migrations
Add rich, beautifully-presented media — no graphic design expertise necessary:
- [free] A high-speed CDN for your images
- [free] Carousels, slideshows, and tiled galleries
- [free] Simple embeds from YouTube, Google Documents, Spotify and more
- [free] Sidebar customization including Facebook, Twitter, and RSS feeds
- [free] Extra sidebar widgets including blog stats, calendar, and author widgets
- [paid] High-speed, ad-free, and high-definition video hosting
DISCUSSION AND COMMUNITY
Create a connection with your readers and keep them coming back to your site with:
- [free] Email subscriptions
- [free] Comment login with Facebook, Twitter, and Google
- [free] Fully-customizable contact forms
- [free] Infinite scroll for your posts
This is the best you should not miss it. You can download it by clicking this link.
Everyone wants to increase their site’s loading speed. They do a lot task to improve speed. But I wanna tell you this one plugin and which can do this easily for you.
W3 Total Cache is the one best cache plugin for WordPress. I have seen on many posts that people are recommending it to remove cache and improve the loading speed of your site. And this works also I have personally tried it.
Have a look at the video:
Here is the list of the features which you can get from the plugins:
- Compatible with shared hosting, virtual private/dedicated servers and dedicated servers/clusters
- Transparent content delivery network (CDN) management with Media Library, theme files and WordPress itself
- Mobile support: respective caching of pages by referrer or groups of user agents including theme switching for groups of referrers or user agents
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) support
- Caching of (minified and compressed) pages and posts in memory or on disk or on (FSD) CDN (by user agent group)
- Caching of feeds (site, categories, tags, comments, search results) in memory or on disk or on CDN
- Caching of search results pages (i.e. URIs with query string variables) in memory or on disk
- Caching of database objects in memory or on disk
- And Caching of objects in memory or on disk
- Also Caching of fragments in memory or on disk
- Minification of posts and pages and feeds
- Also Minification of inline, embedded or 3rd party CSS (with automated updates)
- Browser caching using cache-control, future expire headers and entity tags (ETag) with “cache-busting”
- Import post attachments directly into the Media Library (and CDN)
- WP-CLI support for cache purging, query string updating and more
- Various security features
- Caching statistics for performance insights
- Extension framework for customization or extensibility e.g. New Relic, Cloudflare, WPML and more
- Reverse proxy integration via Nginx or Varnish
You can visit the official page of the plugin for downloading this awesome plugin. Click here to download.
I am hundred % sure that you have seen on many posts even in my posts that some words and phrases are linked to another post or page. This is called Interlinking.
This is very useful for the SEO point of view. Interlinking can increase the rank of your page/post in the search engine.
But it very hard to do in manually, I have something which makes it easy for you.
WordPress has plugins for every task which make WordPress more easy and customizable. There is also a plugin called SEO Smart Links which will make Interlinking easy for you.
SEO Smart Links can automatically link keywords and phrases in your posts and comments with corresponding posts, pages, categories and tags on your blog.
There is another factor which makes slow your page loading speed which is high sized images. Maybe, You know how to compress or resize an image but isn’t it a time-consuming task?
You can not to it manually because there may be a lot of images on your website/blog. As we know WordPress has plugins for every single task to make it easier.
There is also a plugin called Smush Image Compression and Optimization Which can compress all your images at once and it will also compress all images automatically which you will upload to your media library.
Some pages are very important to have on websites or blogs and Contact page is one of them.
Contact page helps your users to reach you easily, it contains a form which has basics fields like name, email address and message. But it very useful.
If you are going to apply for Google Adsense then you must some important page and contact page as well.
Contact Form 7 can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup. The form supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering and so on.
Akismet will help you to prevent your blog/website from spam comments. It is the very useful plugin to install on WordPress website.
Major features in Akismet include:
- Automatically checks all comments and filters out the ones that look like spam.
- Each comment has a status history, so you can easily see which comments were caught or cleared by Akismet and which were spammed or unspammed by a moderator.
- URLs are shown in the comment body to reveal hidden or misleading links.
- Moderators can see the number of approved comments for each user.
- A discard feature that outright blocks the worst spam, saving you disk space and speeding up your site.
I sure that you using affiliate marketing to earn from your blog. This plugin will help to increase your affiliate earning.
Easy Affiliate Links is a plugin will help you to customize and manage all your affiliate links. It will help you to cloak your affiliate links. Don’t you know what is link cloaking?
Link cloaking is a method used to make a long affiliate URL link into a shorter and prettier one—often to the detriment of a brand. One of the most common forms of link cloaking occurs when an affiliate doesn’t use its own URL at all, but rather just appropriates a brand’s URL without any disclosure.
Here is the example of Link Cloaking:
Let’s say you got an affiliate link from MyThemeShop affiliate which looks: https://mythemeshop.com/offer/?utm_source=Productname&ref=yourusername
You cloak it and make it more simple and pretty using Easy Affiliate Liks good: http://www.yourdomain.com/recommends/mythemeshop/
Here is the feature of the plugin:
- Create shortlinks to optionally cloak your affiliate links
- Leave specific links uncloaked for Amazon compatibility
- Easily access your links in the visual and HTML editor
- Assign categories to your links
- Tracking of monthly and lifetime clicks
- Import affiliate links from XML
- Ability to export your links to XML
Nowadays, Every website and blog has their social fan pages. And have social media follow buttons to let their users easily follow them to follow on social media sites. This tricks will help you to increase your traffic.
I have already discuss on this in my earlier post you can check it.
There are many plugin to add social media icons on your site but I found and useful and easy to use that’s why I am recommending it.
Broken Link can effect your blog SEO and Ranking. This plugin will monitor your blog looking for broken links and let you know if any are found.
- Monitors links in your posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields (optional).
- Detects links that don’t work, missing images and redirects.
- Notifies you either via the Dashboard or by email.
- Makes broken links display differently in posts (optional).
- Prevents search engines from following broken links (optional).
- You can search and filter links by URL, anchor text and so on.
- Links can be edited directly from the plugin’s page, without manually updating each post.
- Highly configurable.
I hope this post helped you, These are the plugin that every WordPress blog should have. These are most helpful and important plugins.
Tell me if you have any more plugin which I missed to add in my lists. If you suggest more plugin then I will be happy to add in this list. And if you have any query and suggestion fill free to comment here. You can also connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Don’t forget to Subscriber Our Newsletter and Be a part to of StayMeOnline Community of Internet Lovers.
Latest posts by Ravi Dixit (see all)
- How To Create A Survey Form On A WordPress Site? - January 17, 2019
- 5 Best Free & Paid Forms Builder For WordPress - December 19, 2018
- StayMeOnline First Giveaway-Win WPFroms One-Year Elite License - December 15, 2018